Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Re-purposing a Christmas Card

I generally keep Christmas cards from special people or if I really like the message or picture or think I can re-purpose it some how. {Don't you know my husband loves that about me!} Actually, I don't think he minds.

Take a look:

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Last year, we received this card from our Aunt Willie Sam and Uncle Louis. I loved that it was a shape card and beautiful! I knew my Stickles were going to glam it right up!!! (Apparently I was too excited to get started...I don't have a before picture...image the above without glitter...I know it's hard. Everything is better with glitter.)

Anyone have any tips on fussy cutting chipboard?

I loved Jonathan's Aunt Willie Sam instantly. She reminds me so so much of my Nana. Even her hand writing is similar so I knew I had to save and re-porpose the inside of the card too! Really, it's the way she makes her "L"s.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

I cut a piece of patterned paper to fit the chipboard on the back of the card front and mod podge'd the pieces together with the inside of the card in the middle. A little Tim Holtz distress ink around the edges and I thought it turned out great!

I intend to lean it in my kitchen window at Christmas time this year. But it was dark when I finished it all up and got it dry enough to handle so I changed up the photo shoot.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

I love that little shelf area in my bathroom...yes, I was taking pictures in the bathroom. :)

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

It's the bathroom right out side of my craft room. It has a cute pedestal sink and is just quaint. Our guests don't use it because there's a larger one across the hall...but I pretend they do. :)

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

So, do you save Christmas cards too?

Partying at Jennifer Rizzo's place. Check it out here.

3 comments:

  1. What a great way to keep old cards...I have tons of old cards, and I might snag your idea! Looks like you've been crafting up a storm over the past couple months - I love all of your cards...and umm, the post about the wiener mobile was quite enjoyable too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Dealing With Wordpress, We Provide The Top Tips Satta King Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are not able to post timely updates on your Facebook page, use a tool for scheduling. Use it to release posts at times that your followers will be checking your page. Use a variety of tools until you choose the best one. Play Bazaar All You Need To Know About Facebook Marketing Satta King

    ReplyDelete