Monday, January 14, 2013

Valentine's Day gift for my Sweetie {Pinterest}

I made this for JJ last year. I didn't want to show it off until he got it so I saved the post to give inspiration this year. :)

My friend Leslie, alerted me to a pin she found on Pinterest. Of course! I immediately pinned it to my "Crafy Creations & Ideas" board. This is where I keep a stash of all the things that catch my eye for ideas, inspiration, how-tos, etc.

The original idea came from PaperVine. Lowri wrote a great tutorial. I followed most of it, I just decorated mine differently.

Here's hers:

I really recommend going and reading her tutorial. It's very straightforward.

Without further ado, here's my finished product!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

I cut the letters off some patterned paper I had in my stash.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

I covered the front and back of each page...so you really can't see that the base is a deck of cards. When I began, it really wasn't my intention to cover all surfaces...as I had sanded (ruined a cutting board and breathed in who-knows-what from the plastic coating) both sides off all the cards.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
This is somewhat of a side view. Mine really doesn't stand up or anything. And I had to use 2" (I think) rings because I added too many layers to use the ones recommended in the tutorial.

Overall, I LOVED this project.

-First I made my list of reasons.
-Then I chose a paper pack and some papers.
-I cut all the pieces with George cartridge on my Cricut...messing with the size until I had a relationship that looked good.
-I hand wrote all the reasons...because I like the idea of my handwriting being on there. And because I am straight up terrible at printing labels. :)

What projects are you making for your Sweetie for Valentine's Day? I'd love to know.

9 comments:

  1. Laura, I havent heard from you in a while. Came to visit your siteand found this super cute idea! Love it!! Tons of titles came to mind. I think even my girls would love doing something like this for their daddy. Father's day is coming. Many blessings and hope to hear from you soon. Blessings!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jessica!

      Thanks for stopping by. I've been enjoying reading your blog. I have been busy studying for a very big certification for my career so my creative stuff has been limited. But! I take the exam on Monday morning at 9:30am. I would appreciate prayers for calm nerves and clear thinking.

      I'm hoping to get back to crafting, DIY and blogging when that's over. The other railroad I ran into is my photobucket app for my iphone stopped transferring files to my web account...which limits my ability to load them onto my blog. Grrr!

      I hope your week is awesome!

      Delete
  2. Satta King Avoid distractions. It is easy to veer off course if you are constantly doing other activities online, such as visiting social networking sites Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Play Bazaar race, gender, or sex is exempt from back pain. Lifting larger objects can exacerbate this pain. If you still need to lift something, Satta King proceed carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Respect for your subscribers has to be the cornerstone of your email marketing efforts. One way to show this respect is to limit your frequency of communication with them. Familiarity breeds plenty of other negative traits Satta King Play Bazaar besides contempt! Limit yourself to two or three emails per subscriber per month. If you communicate more often, you risk losing readers' interest and becoming background noise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Run contests to get likes on your page. A discount on your products or a valuable item is a good prize to offer to the winner. This should boost your numbers and subscribers. It should catch the attention of people who haven't checked your page before as well. They see the Likes on their friend's pages and their interest is peaked. Play Bazaar All You Need To Know About Facebook Marketing Satta King

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this article. I think you put a lot of effort to create this article.
    I appreciate your work.satta king

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent post. I was reviewing this blog continuously, and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information especially this page. Thank you and good luck.
    If Want Play online Satta King click Satta King :-

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been impressed after reading this due to some quality work and informative ideas. I just want to say thanks to the author and wish you all the best! Your enthusiasm is refreshing. And if you are thinking to know about Satta King then you can visit here:- Satta King




    ReplyDelete